Hill Plains House
The Hill Plains House is an off-grid, 3 bedroom, single bathroom rural dwelling combining shed building techniques with contemporary and recycled materials. The main living room, centrally located on the plan provides a protected outdoor alternative in most wind conditions. Large over-sized blackbutt cladding of the building’s ends incorporate framed views and organizes the building program with central living/services core and sleeping zones cradled in timber at each end.
Consciously, the house employs non-domestic materials – steel/concrete/recycled timber/concrete masonry. A dark interior draws the eye to the external vista reinforcing the connection with site. The off grid dwelling is highly insulated, ventilates naturally and is powered by a 2kw solar/battery system with remotely located sub-ground backup generator.
- Elle Decoration UK Magazine / Hill Plains House
- Artichoke Magazine Special Issue / Hill Plains House
- Architecture Australia / Hill Plains House
- Inside Out Magazine / Hill Plains House
- Sanctuary Magazine / Hill Plains House
- Australian Architecture Awards / Sustainable Architecture / Hill Plains House
- Best of State Residential / Hill Plains House